Last Updated on July 23, 2016
People mentioned in the entries can mostly be found
As quick reference, near the end of the entries that are on this site, I'm mid-30's, married to John Rostykus, a software
engineer with Xilinx corporation, and living out in Erie, Colorado which is
just east of the Rocky Mountains and just north of Denver. We work in
the People's Republic of Boulder and have found it as diverse and outdoors
oriented as we expected.
The Rockies really are rocky. We had just moved, at the beginning of 1999 to
the Mile-High area of the state from Seattle, Washington, the Pacific
Northwest and it's been quite the high-contrast change from the mysteries
and coolness of forest shadows to the brilliant and wide-open plains. I
really do think that Sean Stewart's The Night Watch captured
the differences beautifully. Most of these stories were written while we
were in Washington.
By 2016, we've gotten ourselves retired, have been doing volunteer work for
the last several years, and my adventures are now mostly chronicled on
my LiveJournal account. So go ahead
over there if you want things that are more recent than here. I've kept
things here simply to have the archive by the good graces of a very good
friend that owns this server.
Back to Home Page
- A More Vivid Life
- Taking a step into a more colorful existance and experience.
Mostly just a lovely weekend.
- The Knee Adventure
- Various accounts from the time I hurt my knee to when I did surgery
and some points in-between and after.
- AAAaaa I'm *AWAKE*!
- An account of a week where I actually was awake and functional before
- Whirlwind Weekend
- A whirlwind weekend of fun in Mountain View.
- Dragonflight 1997
- Wherepon much of the Horde decends on Seattle.
- HAAAAAAA-PPY ANNIVERSARY
- John's and my tenth anniversary Get Away!
- Rosty and the Brain
- Actually rather old, from Christmas of '96, but I found it while
cleaning out my Netcom account.
- The Sauk River
- What we did with a river that was the same color as my hair!
- Mermaid Hair
- What happened when my hair changed.
- What happened after.
- What's the Opposite of Disillusioned?
- Adventures at Westercon50.
- It's a Rare Day
- It's a rare day when Yura actually compliments me on my soccer play.
- A Day on the River
- River rafting down the high spring waters of the Skykomish.
- Rubbing Ink
- Thoughts while rubbing ink and in responce to something that was
posted to my mailing group about What Ten Things Do You Want To Do In
- Signs and Portents
- Parts One and
Two of an adventure I had with my sister.
- Models of Thought
- A rendition of a talk given by Douglas Adams at the Microsoft Developers Conference in March of 1996.
- White Blood Cells
- An experience involving modern day Vampires, The Machine (ala The
Princess Bride), buzzing and bodily fluids.
- Description/review of Peter Gabriel's _Secret World Tour_
- Description/review of U2's Zoo of a glitz tour
- Driving over cliffs can be fun
- Small Comforts
- Snapshots of an ordinary day
- To Life
- More bits of life
- Visiting graves can be haunting later
- DunDraCon '95
- Four part telling of the games at DDC '95 and meeting Mark for the
- Fun with welder's glass and an eclipse
- Ramblings about faith
- Fall 1994
- The time of falling in 1994
- Metaphoric hell and a rant about utopian literature
- Scotland '95
- Nearly a part per day telling of our eleven day trip to Scotland
- Sea Trip
- When all the Kalbo nomads decided to take a dip in their nearest
- A rambling about the seasons and the cycle of a year in ones life.
- Seattle's Inauguration Day Storm of 1993
- A two part series about the storm and
- Ten Day Weekend
- A vacation filled with lots of little things.
- Three Miracles
- The Three Miracle weekend
- Twas a Dark and Stormy Night
- Soccer in the rain
- Liralen's Adventures Through Life
- A rather sloppy but almost-daily journal about life. Started July 1997.
Back to the Home Page